Welcome to the third weekly flash fiction challenge of January!! Here are the rules:
- You have one week to submit if you want to be included.
- You are up to challenge yourself AND win a copy of either my short story, Nothing Lasts Forever, or a copy of my giant book of poetry, Bony Fingered Limbs. Just let me know which you'd prefer, should you be chosen! :) It will come to you via email as a PDF file, DRM-free, so you can send it to whatever e-book-reader-device you may prefer. ALSO, If you win so often you run out of choices, I will offer my services in editing something of yours, so there is always incentive!
- Your word cap this week is 1000 words, so it's a little shorter, like last week! That makes it a bit harder, but I think you can do it! We'll work our way down shorter each month until we're awesomely churning out quickie stories like pros. It is a good thing.
- Your challenge for this week is something I am calling Jungle Monkeys. Let the photo above be your inspiration!
- Get me your submissions by Midnight next Friday morning, 1-27-12, Mountain Standard Time. Link us your story in the comment area! Put it up on your own blog, or on a public note on Facebook or in a Google Document file. Somewhere so we can all see it. Make sure you link your story! Just to be sure it's not passed over by accident, missed, or not included in the contest! Thanks!
Anyway!! Let's see what you've got!