Thursday, August 5, 2010

cry

a silent tear
rolls down a
soft sober cheek
only those hollow eyes
say a word
it's not sadness
it's not happiness
either
a tear falls just
to fall.
that happens too often
to be
coincidence
fall fall fall freely
stream down
flood my eyes
world, sit still
for but a moment
I'll be ok.
I just need a
good cry
I wish I had
a shoulder to
share my tears with
oh well.
I don't
and still,
I'll cry

12-12-1999


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i used to be afraid
to let anyone see me cry
used to think it showed
weakness-
and I am strong
-really I am-
but now I cry openly,
in the bus station,
in a coffee shop,
in front of my parents
(who never saw me cry-
I wouldn't let them)
-anywhere-

I cry too often lately

01-16-2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may use html tags to post links, if you like! HTML code help, if you need it.