Friday, August 6, 2010

head down eyes up

I sat in the car today with Jen
just driving
after we went to the store
and I was sitting there
in silence
but not that quiet peacfulness that I usually sit in -
instead I sat in pensive silence
not speaking at all...
not breathing,
just sitting there
and I realized I was sitting
with my
head down and my eyes up

the world looks much different that way
you can stare at your frozen fingers
in your lap
or look up glaringly at the black road
or over at other cars and
make them fidgit because
they think you're casting some spell
of death and doom upon them
and Jennifer sits there talking
talking talking
about how her fridge is empty
and she has no one to reaheat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may use html tags to post links, if you like! HTML code help, if you need it.